Friday, July 17, 2015

Project Three Concepts

From the images I posted earlier, there are a few that stand out to me as points of departure for this project.  I will discuss these individually with a few of my thoughts.
The stump - the remnant of a dead organism, covered with moss and surrounded by plants, with new growth springing out of the middle - really captures the concept of a cycle for me, especially with the circular/cylindrical shape.

I set out on my photo-gathering journey with this tree specifically in mind, as I had seen it while hiking last week.  It must have fallen some time ago, because all that is left is this outer layer.  The inside is quite detailed.

I passed this tree with a hole all the way through on my way out, but when I was hiking back I realized that it lined up perfectly with the path ahead.   Symbolically, the idea of this being a "window" through the tree is tied to a cycle - looking through something old into the new, and a path relates to this as well.


I'm not sure which of these direction I want to take yet; I may end up combining two or three of these ideas.  I'm probably going to take a very layered approach to this image.  I'll have to start manipulating this photos before I get a good idea of exactly where I'm headed with this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment