Thursday, July 23, 2015

Plans for final project

For my final project project, I want to do a series of images related to the experience of my yoga practice.  I am going to have a friend take pictures of me practicing yoga to use.  I will manipulate backgrounds that relate to my emotional and energetic experiences in specific poses.  I want to pick poses that I love doing and also poses that might tend to be a bit more uncomfortable and harder to stay in.  I will then get these images printed and bind them into a book.

I have zero experience with bookbinding, but I am interested in trying a technique called Japanese stab binding.

This is the basic Japanese stab bind, but there are more complicated variations.  I'm rather fond of this lotus, but that might be too much of a challenge.  I'll probably at least attempt it though.  I could see this looking really pretty with a color of thread that contrasts with the cover.  I'm not knowledgeable about bookbinding, but I like this technique because I can bind single sheets and it seems pretty adaptable.



No comments:

Post a Comment